Saturday, June 28, 2008

Move to ABQ is Underway!!

Just a quick little post to my sadly neglected blog.

Synopsis - Friday we loaded the truck with the unbelievably helpful assistance of Larry, Jenny, and Frank. Jenny was the star of organizing and kept me on task - which I greatly appreciate - Larry, Dave, and Frank were the heavy lifters - way to go strong men! We JUST fit all of our stuff into a 26 foot Penske Truck over a 15 hour day of packing, cleaning, loading, and finally falling over into a coma like sleep for all of 6 hours before we were up and starting all over with last minute cleaning before hitting the road around 10:00am!

We drove for about 10 hours (traveling time 11-12 hours) through mostly good weather (torrential downpour on and off for about an hour outside of Cleveland) and minimal traffic. We landed in Beavercreek, OH (Hometown of my dear friend Jenny) with three very happy to be out of the car kitty-kats at 9:30pm! The sedative worked VERY well for about 8 hours today - we'll see how they do tomorrow since tolerance tends to develop quickly to the kitty valium.

Tomorrow we are on to Springfield, Missouri! I am letting go little by little of Syracuse and know that the real grieving process will only hit me once I am in ABQ and missing the ease, fun, and friendship of my life as a graduate student!

Anywho, much much more to post about on this and other topics but I must sleep and map the course for tomorrow!

No comments: