Thursday, July 3, 2008

Shout Out to My Syracuse Supporters!!!

Leaving Syracuse is bittersweet. Although I was not able to spend as much time as I would have liked saying "so long for now" (never goodbye) to each important person, I am so grateful for the closure I was able to gain as I prepared myself for departure.

My life in Syracuse consisted primarily of working and playing tennis. Here are just a few of the people who helped me in many ways and made my life in Syracuse joyful everyday!

Each and everyday that I went into my office to be a diligent graduate student was entertaining and enjoyable only because of the people who make up the Upstate Partnership for Health team! Jenny, you are the best office mate and friend I could have asked for. Thank you for everything! D.Lawrence (silent c), I miss our daily "therapy sessions" - how are you going to survive without me!?!



Tanesha, best of luck in your new job! I know the lab will never be the same with you gone. Congrats on your upcoming marriage - I hope the wedding is perfect!
Courtney, best of luck to you along your journey! I am sure the next year holds some exciting new experiences in work and in play!



My dear friend Mara... you have been a lifeline for me both on the tennis court and even more so in navigating the challenges of being a "grown-up". Thank you for creating the space for me to celebrate the friendships I have developed with some fantastic tennis players!



And finally... Lesley & Katie... two women who expertly party it UP and are so extremely dedicated to improving their tennis games and KICKING ASS!! California was an amazing adventure - best of luck as your 4.0 team moves on this season!



And there you have it!

4 comments:

Katie31 said...

AWWWWWW.....Rae Rae! Again you bring tears to my eyes with you beautiful writings. I am most flattered to be included in your thanks to Syracuse writing! Again, I must also thank you for the kind words you had for me in our conversation the night of your goodbye night out. You were most "generous" in your opinion of me and find it quite a compliment coming from an amazing girl like you! Best of luck in all you do and please do keep in touch. Katie

Mara said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Mara said...

Rae - You made both Katie and I cry! You are just so wonderful and I miss you so very much already! I just got back from Nantucket! It was fabulous. Sunny every single day. We did bunker down one day in the cottage to watch the Federer Nadal match. Did you see it? It was the BEST tennis match I've ever watched. Hated to see Roger cry. Boo-hoo. This week our team got their hats handed to them! Two players cancelled last minute, Tara was scrambling and changed the lineup all around, and we got smoked! I was glad to have missed it, aren't you? The good news is that Lesley and Katie are on their way to Districts. They earned it! Whoop, whoop!!

I just love your blog. Seriously, life is just not the same without you here. I'm still adjusting. Can't wait to see pictures of your new tennis friends in Albuquerque! You take care Rae, and keep writing!

Mara

Rae said...

Thank you for reading and for commenting dear friends!! I miss you more and more!!